Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Alex Peters-German Nizo dealer

  1. #1
    heyyouz123
    Guest heyyouz123's Avatar

    Post

    Has anyone ever bought a Nizo from a guy named Alex (Alexander) Peters in Germany? He does business as Super8Cams.com

    I just missed his reserve price for a Nizo 801 Macro set on Ebay, and now he is offering to sell it to me off-line.

    He has a couple hundred good references on Ebay - so I'd easily buy from him that way, but off-line feels a little riskier. (Though offline he's offering free shipping - which is essentially a $40 discount).

    Any helpful advice to a forum newbie would be greatly appreciated.


    ------------------

  2. #2
    8th Man
    Guest 8th Man's Avatar

    Post

    I bought my 6080 from Mr. Peters and it was a fine example in very good condition and I was very happy.
    Someone on another newsgroup mentioned getting a bum one from him, but had not yet contacted him for an exchange, so I don't know how that turned out. I bought mine through e-bay, but I'd probably be comfortable buying from him outside the auction.

    ------------------
    PRM

  3. #3
    ulrichsd
    Guest ulrichsd's Avatar

    Post

    Hey,

    I bought my Nizo 4080 from him, I saw his name through Ebay and he lists that he has many other cameras so I emailed him and bought the camera not through Ebay and I had no problem. Nizo 4080 $250 shipping included, not a bad deal. My camera was in great condition.

    Scott

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Alex is the best.

    I got my Nizo 6080 from him, and the auto zoom didn't work.
    He said he didn't know, and I believe him, because he refunded the $350. I paid to get it repaired.
    That's way beyond what most people would do for an ebay sale.
    You can trust him.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  5. #5
    tim.callaghan
    Guest tim.callaghan's Avatar

    Post

    I'm just in the process of purchasing a 4080 from him, and so far he has been more than helpfull.

    Tim

    PS - Looking forward to the arrival

    ------------------

  6. #6
    8th Man
    Guest 8th Man's Avatar

    Post

    $250 for a 4080 isa good deal considering I paid that much for a 6080 that I knew needed about $150 in work. That was before I knew that a 4080 was basically a 6080 without the door-flap in the top for 200ft. cartridges, which are't made by Kodak now anyway.

    ------------------
    PRM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •